This is my little site.
I like making web apps and helping people. Please feel free to contact me if
you think I might be a good fit for your organization.
I'll be transparent about what I know and what I don't know.
I'm just completed undergraduate at the University of California, Santa Cruz,
double majoring in Computer Engineering and Computer Science in December of 2015.
I currently work for a healthcare company in Oakland, Ca.
- Current Projects
- Less Than Current Projects - Software
- Created a web application that predicts the ideal heparin dosage using existing models.
- Conducted a study to determine the feasibility of using a statistical drug dosing tool in a mock clinical setting.
- Stack: Angular JS, D3.js, Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy, Scikit-learn.
- Sana - I worked on health tech solutions for low resource environments. (Web App Development)
- Less Than Current Projects - Hardware
- Developed hardware prototypes for an experimental camera (circuit design and construction).
- Wrote various Python scripts for the Raspberry Pi and C for microprocessors.
- ReLight - I
served as the lead engineer, designed a prototype of
an experimental camera flash for use in computational photography, with individually controlled high power LEDs. Code, PCB design and other info can be found here and here.
- Small Side Projects - Software
- Visualization of Donations to Congress - A project in D3.js I worked on with another student at UCSC to visualize the money given to members of congress.
- GadCalc - A gadolinium contrast agent calculator for technicians and docs.
- Ethiopian Calendar Pregnancy Wheel - Developed a pregnancy wheel web app that converts between the Gregorian Calendar and Ethiopian calendar. jQuery, Bootstrap, Apache Cordova/PhoneGap.
- FdFriend - A work in progress - a calculator for finding relationships about functional dependencies.
- I graduated from UC Santa Cruz in fall of 2015 with a BS in Computer Engineering and a BA in Computer Science.
- A few noteworthy classes I took
Intro Operating Systems (modified the FreeBSD kernel), Intro Computer Networks/Lab, Verilog Design / Lab, Data Progamming and Visualization with D3,Human Computer Interaction, Database Systems I (relational algebra/calculus, database normalization), Intro Computer Graphics
Computer Architecture, Micro System Design / Lab, Probability/Stats, Systems and Signals (stochastic analysis, fourier transforms, Markov chains)
- Ira and Kate Pohl Computers and Society Award
- The Ira and Kate Pohl scholarship is to recognize and support outstanding undergraduate students who are committed to using computer science for social good.
- Dean's Honors Fall 2011, Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Winter 2015, Spring 2015